Never Alone Prison Ministry
Consider the following statistics:
- The United States has the highest incarceration rate on the planet - five times the world's average.
- The United States has 5 percent of the world's population, but 25 percent of the world's prison population.
- By 2010, there were about 2.4 million people incarcerated in federal, state, and county prisons.
- Nearly 7 million Americans are on probation, or on parole every year.
- Approximately 2 million American children have at least one parent behind bars.
- Approximately 2/3 of all released offenders will be rearrested for a new crime within three years.
- U.S Taxpayers spend $60 billion annually on corrections.
In Hebrews 13:1 we are told to "Remember those in prison, as if you were their fellow prisoners." We have a deep well of compassion for our incarcerated brothers and sisters, and we believe that one of the most fertile grounds for the harvest of souls is in the low pockets of the prison environment where the distractions of the world have been stripped away, where hearts have been laid open and yearn to receive The Truth. There's always an increased willingness to listen when we know that a person has walked our path. Our hearts are opened when we know that we're listening to a person who’s walked the path that we find ourselves on, and who can understand our suffering and provide wise counsel.
Please consider partnering with us to bring the message of the transforming love of Jesus Christ to these men and women. For information about how you, your church, or organization can become involved through our Adopt A Prison Program, please send your inquiry to us via email at email@example.com.